At 1.40am I have not slept yet. I torch up my phone and light my daughter. Her eyes are wide open. So my mind runs thoughts of nursing her. That’s our normal drill to get her back to sweet slumber. Not today. I smile. She sleeps again and I continue reading. I need to stop reading under the blankets! Sigh. Oh me.
The purpose of writing this today is to marvel at how much we resist change. It goes against the grain. Against comfort. Its so unfamiliar. One of the changes I decided was to write a 30-day set of blogs. Not on any given topic. Random. Yes. Why. Because I need to stop telling all and sundry that I have a blog. Nike put it better than I could – JUST DO IT.
I know for now its easy coz I am not on a full-time job. When I begin working full-time that’s when I will know the stuff am made of. Yeah. I choose faith. I will hack it. I choose hope in the all-sufficient grace of God.
I know several people who work full-time, run side hustles and blog faithfully. Each of us has a unique journey. I am open to my journey.
As I take this challenge I feel so alive. Writing. Discovering my voice. Enjoying my thoughts.
I desire to be more spontaneous, grow consistent in writing and to truly inspire somebody somewhere. The 30-day challenge will come and go. I pray however that I will have built muscles and resilience for the journey ahead.
- To write even when writer’s block threatens.
- To remain true to God and His calling upon my life.
- To always have a correct view of who I am, the real me – a child of God
- To knows the times, that the days are evil, the time is short. Hence make the most out of it.
- To walk alongside another, to know that we are better together.
- To remember that those around me need my love demonstrated, not empty words. Don’t I prefer words…
2 Corinthians 8:5 Best of all, they went beyond our highest hopes, for their first action was to dedicate themselves to the Lord and to us for whatever directions God might give them.
Okay now, what has been your experience of change? What hopes do you carry today?
I am glad to hear your comments