We all want to be happy in life and everybody always try to have comforts and pleasure to fully enjoy life. But consequently we find out that in our daily lives we might be lacking something..The joy that we desire. Someone quoted that life is not a bed of roses. There are the normal ups and downs of life.
In Psalms 16:11 its recorded that “in the presence of the lord there is fullness of joy and life forever more.” Generally and specifically, God is and should be the source of our joy in life. However in our society this is what we are lacking thus the many rampant cases of relentless behavior like murder, rape, theft, crimes of all sorts, corruption and indecency in codes of dressing and mannerisms and much more.
The root cause of all these is human sinfulness and disobedience to God.
Lets consider the present day situation as youths and students. cases of indecency to start with. Young people watch third rate movies for entertainment of which there is nothing but vulgarity from the start to the end. The movies corrupt their minds and destroy their lives. Some movies show bad manners as heroism, bad relationships and related acts, ungodly lifestyles and fashion as king. The influence from social media as well no wonder there is no time for people to study the word of God to get the knowledge and the expectations for sober living. Well, well ,well, all this put the together are the artificial or fake methods of looking for joy, peace of mind and relaxation which is totally deviating from the truth as a result of deception.
Biblically one of the perfect solutions is in Romans 12:1 ,2 ..I quote verse two which states “…do not be conformed to the patterns of the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
Some other tips I may add for one to live a fulfilling life without stress are…
1. Make peace with your past so it doesn’t spoil your future.. Don’t waste your time on toxic things and people you can never ever please, those who hurt you, are overly negative and those who do not appreciate you..
2. Don’t compare your life with others, you have no idea what their own journey is all about.. Never give up on something you really want. Its difficult to wait, but worse to regret..
3. Time heals everything; give that pain sometime, it will go.. Smile, you don’t own all the problems in the world..
4. No one is the reason for your happiness except you…What others think of you is not your business..If you are not happy with what they say and its true change it, if its not true step ahead, talk is cheap and people will talk
5. Stop thinking too much, you don’t always have to know all the answers to pass.. Do your best and rest your case.
Always remember that in life “there is no key to happiness, the door is always open”
~ END ~
Composed by Guest writer Aaron Mutethia ‘tesh’
In His might to honor Him